18.2.16

Taxi Quest

When we were given this strange and interesting home assignment, I decided it should be hitch-hiking. And why not? I won’t pay money, but I’ll be a good company. That’s the hitch-hiking first rule, isn’t it?

I’m a little pragmatic and also I sociophobe, so I knew in advance I will need more than only one try. And maybe even after ten tries I couldn’t find enough courage to start a conversation – and about what? I wasn’t sure there will be some really interesting detail, and I didn’t want to shamelessly stare all over the cab looking for something (even don’t know what exactly). So I had a genius decision – I found detail first and only then suitable man.

Hitch-hiking is my detail, yes. I was determined to try it at Friday, on my way to home. But… I forgot about it. I was riding a bus when I remembered the assignment. It was my last chance, so I got off the bus don’t know where exactly – Metrova or Petrova or wherever it was – and started catching a taxi.



I smiled like an idiot (also felt the same) and asked “Sayakhatka deyin besplatno aparyp tastanizshi”. Half excused feeling guilt that they drove in other way, another half (majority actually) was like “Pfffff! Armandapsyn!”. Their faces were sooo “nice”, I’ll never forget it.

However I finally caught taxi which agreed. I thanked, sat forward thinking how to start a dialog. But driver started it for me – “Student?” he asked. “Yep”. “I see then”. So we began to chat. I asked him why he agreed – it was really far from Sayakhat, at a distance of 500 tg, and he was actually driving to Abaya-Pravda – and his answer was “Today’s Friday”.

I knew many interesting things about driver, and so did he about me. He told me that he always agrees in such situations or when people offer very little money for long distance. He is undergraduate student of KazUMOiMYa learning Chinese; he studied at Guangzhou for some time and his brother graduated from MAB. Another part of our conversation was philosophical reflections about people and life.

At first I didn’t believe that every detail has its story, but somehow it really does. I was lucky to meet such driver – kind and softhearted, remembering how to be a human and help others which is connected to our traditions we started forget. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий